What is Kidsmart?
Kidsmart is a health insurance policy designed with children in mind. We wanted to create a policy that caters for young people and their needs. Unlike most health insurance, KidSmart provides insurance cover for children, without the child being attached to an adult’s policy. KidSmart is a special policy that parents, grandparents or guardians can gift to their children, grandchildren or dependents without taking out cover for themselves.
What are the key benefits?
- Pay for no more than two children on your policy
- Free for babies up to six months of age- no premiums or underwriting
- Loyalty benefit of $150 towards exercise-activity
- Loyalty benefit for release of tongue/lip tie
- Loyalty benefit to see an audiologist, allergist, paediatrician or respiratory specialist
- General surgery up to $500,000 per year
- Major diagnostic procedures up to $500,000 per year
- Mental health benefit up to $500 per year
Who can be on Kidsmart?
You can add as many children as you like onto KidSmart but they must be added before they turn 16. They can then remain on the KidSmart policy until they turn 25. A legal guardian needs to hold the policy on behalf of dependants but this person won’t be covered by the policy.
How can someone gift a KidSmart policy?
If someone wants to gift the policy, then they just need to set up the payment details accordingly. The legal guardian on the policy will still be ultimately responsible for ensuring payment of premiums.
What is the cost?
The cost for KidSmart hospital and surgical base plan is just $24 a month. The specialist module can be added for just $8 per month.
Win a $100 voucher with Sleep Store
We have partnered with Sleep Store for the launch of KidSmart. Anyone who you sign up can go into the draw to win one of two $100 vouchers for Sleep Store. Just enter the promo code at the time of application. Your promo code is AV0317. Entries need to be in by 31 May 2017.